Thursday, October 22, 2015

Marijuanaless Society

         It has been approximately two years ago since I went to the community service for the drug addiction rehab clinic; however, I still remember it so clearly and vividly as if I went there just last night. To earn my community service hours, I have helped these people out controlling themselves from relying on the marijuana by searching for their hobbies, doing other productive activities like playing basketball or other sports, and giving adequate knowledge and information about the general effects of marijuana on human body.
As I entered into the addiction clinic, I could smell the poignant scent of the medicine that is spread all over the place, and I saw the addicted people struggling themselves with their reliance and dependence toward the marijuana. There were various people in the clinic; some of them seemed younger than me, some were teenagers around my age, and the others were fully grown adults. However, they all shared a common problem, the addiction of marijuana.

Although these people in the clinic regret their choice and try hard to recover from the problems caused by the addiction of marijuana, still some people raises their voices to legalize the public use of marijuana, not thinking about the outcomes of what would this legalization of marijuana would bring: increase in teenager addiction of marijuana, greater abuse of marijuana, and the financial cost to provide the legalized marijuana. The legalization of marijuana should be prohibited and should be banned due to its great negative impacts that would leave on the communities, on the society, and on the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment